Public Housing Regional Property Manager – Milford, MI
Are you a Servant Leader? Does helping others motivate you? Can you multi-task? Do you possess a supernatural ability to wrestle with problems and resolve them with diplomacy? Do you lead by example, build relationships, and earn the trust and respect of others? Do you love to travel? Do you need to be challenged?
Legacy, LLC is seeking a Full-time Regional Property Manager in the Detroit area who can manage the operations of multiple Public Housing properties and provide support to the property staff and residents. This position requires the candidate possess the ability to promote safe, decent, affordable housing for all of residents and to achieve and/or maintain ‘high performer’ status for their assigned assets. To do so, they must be able to develop and monitor budgets, oversee property accounting, maintain occupancy, mentor employees, meet compliance standards and be the liaison with the Client/Regulatory Agency.
A key component for success in this role is Public Relations; using the ability to create vibrant affordable communities by capitalizing on social, economic, and educational opportunities for the properties, and to promote resident, client, regulatory, vendor/contractor and political relations. Other required key skills include communication, leadership, strategic planning, project management, and teamwork. Legacy LLC Regional Property Managers will also be required to participate in Industry related associations and events for networking and educational purposes and actively market and support new business growth.
- At least five (5) years of leadership experience managing 10 or more employees
- Property management experience with at least 3 years managing multiple sites
- Knowledgeable in Public Housing regulatory guidelines pertaining to federal, state and local agencies
- Exceptional organizational, client relations and contract management skills
- Extensive experience on budgeting, long range planning, and oversight of capital improvements
- Enjoys working in a team environment all while working hard to provide exceptional service to all residents, employees, and vendors
- Excellent written and communication skills, coaching, mentoring, managerial and presentation experience
- Real Estate License required (you will not be considered without having a RE License)
- IREM CPM Designation, ARM or other similar designation preferred
- Experience working in Yardi or similar software
- Working knowledge of MS Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Travel required, must have a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation
An Equal Opportunity Employer